Hardwood Floor Repair
Even the best wood floors are subject to problems. Wood is more likely to scratch than other flooring. Other problems can range from minor surface damage to serious structural defects. Then there is the most annoying problem wood floors fall prey to—squeaks.
Surface scratches and gouges are an inevitable result of daily wear and tear. Neither they nor problems caused by expansion and contraction can be prevented.
The natural settling of a house can also cause separations between the joists and the subfloor. If your floor is sagging or uneven, there could be a serious structural problem causing it; in this case, consult a professional.
Now that DIY shows are on almost every channel, many people have attempted to take on the task of restoring their own hardwood floors. It does not take long for them to find that Hardwood Floor Repair is not as easy as it looks on television. Mistakes can have drastic consequences for the inexperienced. The damage to your wood floor and can reduce its life by as much as 50%. This is why it is imperative to employ the Hardwood Flooring Team.
The Los Angeles Hardwood Floor Repair Team:
Professional hardwood floor companies like Atlas Custom Hardwood Flooring will have invested in the right machinery for the job and also in the right training. This ensures that the smallest amount of wood will be removed during the sanding process of your Hardwood Floor Repair, which will extend the life of your floor.
Hiring a professional will guarantee that you will have the perfect finish and could save you money. After all, it would be much more expensive to attempt the job yourself, hire the machines, buy the sand paper and finishing materials, only to then have to hire in the professionals to redo the job afterward because you are unhappy with the finish.
The Benefits of Hiring The Hardwood Flooring Team:
The Hardwood Flooring Team understands that Hardwood Floor Repair and maintenance are essential to maintaining the value of your home. Those floors can make or break a sale or even a big event at your home. We have been repairing hardwood floors for years, and you can expect no less than stellar results for at the most affordable prices with Atlas Custom Hardwood Flooring.
What You Should Know About Hardwood Floor Repair:
Here are some common hardwood floor problems:
- Split or Cracked Wood - Over time, many hardwood floors develop small splits or cracks in the surface of the wood.
- Gaps in the Planks – This is a common development for hardwood floors. The most common cause of these gaps is Mother Nature. Wood shrinks as it dries out, and it expands when it gets wet and humid. That regular expansion and contraction over time is the most common cause of gaps, and is the main reason why most gaps are seasonal in nature.
- Buckling - When the floorboards warp and lift up from the subfloor, this is called buckling. It is imperative that the root cause of this be identified. Once that is done, the necessary measures should be taken to ensure that your hardwood planks are firmly attached to the subfloor.
- Cupped Floors - Also called washboarding, this develops gradually across the width of the wood strip where the edges of the hardwood planks raise up and the center of the board sinks down. The cause of cupped floors is a moisture imbalance where there is more water on the bottom side of the wood plank than on the top.
- Warped Hardwood Floors - Also known as sagging, this is a serious problem for any homeowner. It is often the result of serious moisture problems, and any evidence of warped hardwood floors must be addressed immediately. Warped hardwood floors are rarely the result of faulty hardwood or installation, but are a symptom of larger moisture problems in the home itself that needs to be taken care of.
- Other Hardwood Floor Repair Problems - There may also be scratching or loose planks with hardwood flooring. Scratches can be repaired with touch up kits, or something as simple as a like colored crayon. If you've got serious scratching, however, you may need to hire a contractor to refinish the flooring altogether. With loose planks, the only solution is to tie them down. Ideally they should be nailed to the subfloor to prevent any more movement, though excessively loose boards can be a sign of improper installation in the first place. Bringing in a professional hardwood installer to re-install your flooring properly is probably the only sure way to permanently solve the problem.
At Atlas Custom hardwood Flooring. we understand that hardwood floor repair and maintenance are essential to maintaining the value of your home. We have been repairing hardwood floors for over 10 years, helping a variety of clients in Los Angles and suburban communities. We will assess the damage and determine the best course of action for your particular needs. Whether certain affected areas of your floor need to be replaced, re-sanded, repositioned or refinished, with Atlas Custom hardwood Flooring you can expect no less than stellar results for a the most affordable price.